About the PractitionerKatrina B. Lucero is a New Mexico Certified Public Accountant (License #5061) and a Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (Certificate #582). Lucero has over sixteen years of public accounting experience serving clients in many capacities and industries as a certified public accountant and consultant. Lucero brings to her clients many years of experience working for global, regional, and local accounting firms. Prior to starting her own practice, Lucero was an Experienced Tax Manager for Grant Thornton, LLP. Prior to Grant Thornton, Lucero also served as a Construction Industry Tax Expert for the Albuquerque office of Moss Adams, LLP.
Lucero has mostly served business entities such as large corporations and all sizes of closely held companies, not-for-profits, and individuals. Some of the industries served include manufacturing, construction, real estate, alternative energy, financial institutions, home healthcare, professional services, and not-for-profits.
Lucero's expertise is Federal taxation and is well versed with state and local taxation. Lucero is experienced with various types of entity structures such as corporations, S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and sole proprietors (Schedule C). In addition, Lucero's experience includes consolidated and multi-state tax returns.
Lucero has helped clients with applying for not-for-profit status, tax accounting method changes, FAS 109 calculations, ownership changes, complex partnership issues, tax research technical memorandums, IRS matters ( such as offers in compromise and installment agreements ), and tax planning.
Lucero has also provided clients with assurance services such as audited, reviewed, and compiled financial statements. Lucero has prepared financial statements for clients and is proficient with preparation of job schedules for construction companies.
Lucero has served as a business consultant to her clients by providing assistance to them regarding internal controls, operational matters, budgeting, and software selection. Lucero is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
Lucero has experience with litigation support and divorce financial matters.
Lucero is a member of:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants (NMSCPA)
- Institute of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (ICCIFP)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
Lucero's professional honors include:
- 2009 New Mexico Business Weekly 40 Under 40 Award Recipient
- 2008 CFMA Industry Year End Update guest speaker, "Construction Tax Accounting Methods"
- 2003 NMSCPAs Tax Conference panel speaker, "C Corporation's Earnings & Profits"
- 2000 New Mexico Society of CPAs Outstanding New Member Award
- Featured in the 23rd Edition of Marquis Who's Who of American Women
- Technology Ventures Corporation guest speaker, "Understanding and Using Financial Statements, Budgets, and Proforma Statements"
Lucero is active in the community and her profession. Lucero is the board treasurer for Rio Rancho Economic Development Corporation and Sandoval County Better Business Builders ( Kiwanis ).
Lucero has a Bachelor of Business Administration with a major in Accounting. Lucero graduated Magna Cum Laude from New Mexico Highlands University.